Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Update from John Stokes and family


An update from John Stokes: 

Wrapped up in Windsor
In January [2012] we shifted from the Channel Islands to Australia, primarily to be warm again, but also because of the public schools which, for our eldest daughter who is heading for high school next year, are of a better standard, in our opinion!

After a couple of years of soaking up a little bit of Europe, which we really enjoyed, I have to say - and after visiting Brittany in north western France we are dead set to return there on a more permanent basis when circumstances permit - we are glad to be back down under, and the familiar Aussie twang, last heard on Omaha Beach in Normandy, funnily enough, is now part of our lives!
Basking and bathing in Brisbane....

The children have adapted to the change in countries with aplomb; they really are very adaptable things, are children! Lucy is shuttling between 2 sites, one here in Hervey Bay, and one in Maryborough and seems happy enough. As for me, well, I am toying with the idea of going to uni....   I know, I know; no-one is more surprised than I!